Get Involved with VWHE

Mailing List: Join our mailing list to receive news and updates from VWHE.

Social Media: Follow up on Facebook and join our LinkedIn group.

Institutional Representative (IR): An Institutional Representative serves as their institution's official representative to Vermont Women in Higher Education. The IR is responsible for communications between VWHE and women on their campuses. Other opportunities for involvement through VWHE are highly encouraged.

We are currently looking for IRs at the following institutions:

  • Castleton University

  • Center for Cartoon Studies

  • Middlebury College

  • Sterling College

  • Vermont State Colleges

  • VT Department of Education

Events Volunteers: An event volunteer would assist with the on-site preparation for VWHE events. These events include but are not limited to the Fall Dinner and the Annual Spring Conference.

Conference Committee: The conference committee meets approximately four times a year (a combination of tele- and in-person meetings). We would also ask you to take on a major role within the event such as RFP coordinator, leadership panel coordinator, or presenter liaison. Attendance at the event is imperative. This is a volunteer position and requires that you pay for attending the conference (you will be able to attend the workshops of your choice).

Scholarship Committee: The scholarship committee meets twice a year via teleconference. As part of this committee, you would assist in reviewing and selecting scholarship recipients based on a selection rubric. You would also assist in securing raffle items for our annual scholarship raffle.

Executive Board Members: When a vacancy occurs on the executive board, the Past Chair will issue a call for applications from the Vermont higher education community and through VWHE conferences and events. Board members serve a four-year term, with an option for one two-year renewal.

For more information about getting involved with VWHE, contact Jami Yazdani, Executive Board Chair, at