The Carol A. Moore Scholarship recognizes women currently working in higher education who are successful in their roles, who intend to engage in professional development or academic pursuits in order to further their career, and who demonstrate a commitment to supporting women’s leadership. VWHE is pleased to offer up to two $1,000 scholarships in support of this mission.
In order to apply for this program, interested women should submit the following:
- A completed Carol A. Moore Scholarship Application Form
Application Form (PDF) OR Application Form (Word)
- A 1-2 page essay describing how you meet the criteria above and how the proposed program or coursework will support your professional goals
- A description of the course/program from the course catalogue or program brochure and/or related literature that will help the award committee understand the program
- A budget showing program costs and how the scholarship will be applied
- A current resume or curriculum vitae; and
- A letter of recommendation that supports your candidacy.
The essay might address the following questions:
How has your career evolved and what are your future goals?
Why are you pursuing this career path or professional development?
What unique role do you think women play in higher education?
How have you provided leadership or supported the growth and development of others, particularly other women?
Applications for the 2014 Carol A. Moore Scholarship are now being accepted. Applications are due no later than November 30, 2014. No late applications will be accepted. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt and the successful candidate will be notified in writing by December 31. The scholarship must be used during the calendar year.
All complete applications should be sent to:
Shannon Bohler-Small, Vermont Women in Higher Education Scholarship Chair
72 Porter Field Rd
Mahaney Center for the Arts
Middlebury, VT 05753
The scholarship will be paid directly to the school or educational facility and will only apply to program costs. Travel costs are not covered by this scholarship. Scholarship recipients may be invited to share their knowledge on their educational experience at the VWHE annual conference or other VWHE events.